Thursday, March 28, 2013

ooops!

I should have checked before I ordered them, the WiFi cards are not compatible with the new shields. Only me to blame, I just didn't bother to check. Now I have checked a pair of Bluetooth boards and they are compatible so I have ordered them. The other advantage with Bluetooth is that I will be able to use my phone to control the 'bot and won't need to build a special controller. If you want to know how, check out BTInterface. It's currently a free beta app but it seems to work very well and I suspect it may become a paid for app quite soon. In addition, I have also learned how to interface the cards with a Raspberry Pi and that opens up more opportunities as well. I am now looking forward to TagBot 5 which if all goes to plan will incorporate an Arduino acting as a slave to a Pi which is connecting with a controller and sending back real time video from a pan and tilt unit as well. Well, I can dream............ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!