Friday, March 8, 2013

Gotcha!

I have played with so many 2D CAD applications over the past couple of weeks that my eyes and brain stopped coordinating for a while. However, I have finally found nirvana. The pro version of SketchUp 8 is magic to learn and use and also exports the .DXF files needed for the laser cutter. I had used the free version of SketchUp before so maybe it wasn't such a big learning curve as it might have been but within about twenty minutes I had created a fully scaled cutting plan with all dimensions scaled. This is still not the definitive plan as I have not got the measurements of the wheels with me to copy across to the plans as yet. Once again, I am very lucky in working for a university as we have a site licence on SketchUp Pro. The cost of the personal licence, unfortunately,  is quite high at £322.00. There are many cheaper options for educational use however.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!