Monday, March 11, 2013

Always check the date!

Over the weekend, in the free version of SketchUp, I re-drew the TagBot and Micro Pan and Tilt cutting plans. The results when I opened it in the Pro version looked great and I then exported a DXF file from it. Next, down to the laser cutter to check the export quality. Oh dear, not good at all. Over half the lines missing and all the circles. Went away with head bowed and tried to fathom exactly what I had done wrong. Eventually, I discovered that my copy of Pro had somehow defaulted to version 14. The current version is 2013 which is about six iterations later. I only had version 2010 available to me but I tried it and it's close enough for jazz so the files and some card have been left for a test cut. Once I have measured the test cuts against the actual hardware, I will order the acrylic sheets and get them cut ready for assembly.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!